Whole-house AIR CLEANERS.
The average house starts out full of contaminants and odors. To create and maintain a more eco-friendly, healthier home, effective environmental conditioning becomes as necessary as heating and cooling. The most cost-effective and efficient way to clean your home’s air is with a filter, electronic air cleaner and/or UV air scrubber incorporated into your heating and cooling system. We offer solutions that will eliminate up to 99.98% of indoor pollutants, including: dust, pollen, pet dander, tobacco smoke, cooking fumes, mold spores, bacteria, viruses, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that come from cleaning products, modern construction materials, and stain-resistent carpeting and fabrics.
What is an Air Scrubber?
An air scrubber is a portable filtration system that draws in air from the surrounding environment and passes it through a series of filters to remove contaminants. While air scrubbers act as a portable air purifier without the attached ductwork, they can be used as permanent fixtures inside existing ductwork. When germs pass through a strong UV germicidal light inside the scrubber, DNA structures of active pollutants die. While air filters trap pollutants, air scrubbers kill the pathogens and germs in your home. Contaminants an air scrubber removes include:
- Mold spores and smells: Mold can cause several adverse reactions when inhaled, including wheezing and coughing, eye irritation, nasal stuffiness, skin irritation and throat irritation.
- Bacteria: Airborne bacteria can cause infection and illness when inhaled or ingested.
- Pollen: Pollen allergies can lead to a stuffy nose, watery eyes and sneezing. If you have a pollen allergy, your immune system work to fight the invaders, which can cause these symptoms.
- Animal dander: Protein found in urine, feces and saliva from cats, dogs or other pets can cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
- Dust mites: Dust mite allergies can range from mild to severe and can cause an immune system response known as allergic rhinitis.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs): VOCs are chemicals that evaporate quickly at room temperature and appear in several household products. These chemicals can have adverse effects on your health, especially if you already have asthma or heightened chemical sensitivity. Common VOCs include gasoline, paints, carpets, vinyl floors, solvents, mothballs, varnishes, cleaning chemicals, cosmetics, secondhand smoke, vehicle exhaust, adhesives, upholstery fabrics, air fresheners and pressed wood furniture.
What Are the Benefits of Air Scrubbers for Homes?
Air scrubbers act as whole-house air purifier systems and can reduce dander, odors, dust and other allergens. Indoor air can be two to five times more polluted than the air outdoors. All individuals — whether they have a respiratory problem or not — can potentially suffer from long-term health issues caused by air pollutants. Air scrubbers clean and freshen the air in your home or business. For best results, we recommend air scrubbing anywhere from 24 to 48 hours at about four air exchanges per hour. If used effectively, these systems can reduce the following:
- Allergy symptoms
- Chest tightness
- Eye, nose or throat irritation
- Sinus problems
Schedule an Appointment With Ranck Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning in Lancaster, PA
Since 1953, Ranck, Inc. has been providing heating, air conditioning, plumbing repair and installation, water conditioning, geothermal and heat pump installation and more in and around Lancaster, PA. Our licensed technicians pride themselves on honest, straightforward service. If you are struggling with a contaminated indoor environment in your home or business, we are here to help!
If you would like to learn more about this Air Scrubbing Product check out the video below with our own Randy Miller or download the brochure to learn more. Air Scrubber Brochure