What Is an HVAC System?
What Is an HVAC System?
In the simplest terms, your HVAC system regulates your home’s temperatures and airflow, ensuring that you have a comfortable living space all year round. Accomplishing this requires several different components that all use the same infrastructure in your home.
Learn more about what goes into your HVAC system from the professionals at Ranck Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning.
What Does HVAC Mean?
At a basic level, HVAC equipment is what keeps your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The system controls the humidity, temperature and quality of the air moving through a commercial or residential building.
What Are the Parts of an HVAC System and How Do You Maintain Them?
You can broadly divide HVAC systems into heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment. Here is a summary of each and how you can keep them performing at their best.
The heating system is what keeps your home warm and functional during cooler weather, so it’s wise to take steps to ensure it’s fully functional before winter sets in. You can expect the following services related to heating in HVAC maintenance:
- Thermostat inspections: Part of your heating maintenance includes ensuring your home’s thermostat is working correctly. Professionals can test your system, replace batteries and proactively fix any issues.
- Air filtering: Your heating system will have a filter to help maintain good air quality. This filter needs to be checked and replaced regularly.
- Furnace or boiler checks: During an annual maintenance visit, your servicer will clean and inspect the furnace and remove any debris.
- Functionality: Finally, have an expert check the overall function of your heating system to ensure it is energy-efficient and running as intended.
Ventilation rarely receives as much attention as the other parts of an HVAC system, but it’s a critical part of the whole setup. Maintaining ventilation equipment is vital because it:
- Ensures airflow efficiency: Ventilation service helps air move throughout the home for even air treatment.
- Supports other systems: The vents in your home transport treated air and affect the efficiency of heating and air conditioning systems.
- Helps save money: A well-maintained ventilation system lessens strain on other components, helping reduce repair and maintenance costs.
- Keeps the home’s air fresh: Cleaning your home’s vents improves air quality by helping remove airborne contaminants.
During routine maintenance, an HVAC professional will clean, tune and test your ventilation equipment.
Most homeowners have some form of air cooling system. Having your air conditioner serviced will likely involve:
- External inspection: Your AC’s outdoor units will be checked, cleaned and tuned.
- Air filter changes: Your servicer will check the filter for clogs and replace it if necessary.
- Thermostat tests: To ensure your home reaches your desired temperature, maintenance includes a thermostat check.
- Connection analysis: Maintenance includes examining and tightening your AC’s electrical connections as needed.
- Refrigerant checkups: Your AC system relies on refrigerant to cool, so this fluid needs periodic checkups.
- Performance tuneups: All parts of your AC will be lubricated and tuned to ensure your system is as energy-efficient as possible.
Why Get Professional Help for Your HVAC Needs?
Your HVAC system is integral to feeling comfortable at home, so you want it in capable hands. Get a reputable HVAC company to assist you with installing or maintaining your equipment to ensure it:
- Runs optimally and helps keep utility costs low.
- Works efficiently so your living space stays at a comfortable temperature.
- Filters the air in your home to trap dust and allergens.
Contact the Ranck HVAC System Professionals Today to Learn More
We provide free quotes, first-class service and price guarantees. No matter the size or complexity of your HVAC system, you can trust us to service your Lancaster County, Akron, Reading or Greater Berks County home. Call us at 717-397-2577 or contact us online to request an HVAC service today!