Reasons for a Plumbing Inspection
One of the most forgotten and unseen systems in your home is the plumbing. Most people are unaware of the condition of their plumbing until there is a leak, minor or major, no hot water, or something is clogged. Your property’s plumbing is a vital aspect of a building’s functionality and health. You should get it inspected annually to keep ensuring the health of your home.
What Is a Plumbing Inspection?
A plumbing inspection is a thorough check of your plumbing system to ensure all aspects are operating properly. Our plumbers will thoroughly check the following during the inspection:
- Sinks and bathtubs
- Showers and faucets
- Indoor and outdoor plumbing pipes
- Water heaters
- Hose bibs
- Water treatments and sump pumps
Reasons You May Need a Plumbing Inspection
Consistent plumbing inspections help keep your investment in line and restore your peace of mind. Our plumbers can alert you to potential problems before they become costly emergencies, saving you time and money in the long run.
You should consider scheduling a plumbing inspection if:
- You notice something is off: If you’re suddenly losing water pressure, notice your showers don’t get hot or any other potential plumbing issue, schedule an inspection to get to the bottom of it.
- You’re purchasing a new home or building: Before you finalize buying a new home, office or other building, have it thoroughly inspected by one of our plumbers so you know exactly what you’re getting into.
- You’re selling your property: Similarly, if you’re looking to sell, you should request a plumbing inspector to ensure your property is ready to be on the market.
- You want to avoid plumbing emergencies: Booking regular inspections can help you avoid plumbing emergencies and keep everything running smoothly.
- Your last inspection was over two years ago: If it’s been a few years since your last inspection, it’s possible your plumbing system’s status has changed or may need updates.
- Your water usage/bills have increased: A noticeable increase in water usage or your water bill is higher than normal, could potentially be the sign of an active leak within your plumbing.
How Often Should You Get a Plumbing Inspection?
Most plumbers recommend having your plumbing inspected at least once every two years. Depending on your circumstances, you may want to schedule inspections more frequently. For example, if you own an old home or building, you should have your plumbing inspected more often. You should also get an inspection if you’re preparing to move.
How Can Ranck Help?
Ranck Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning can meet your plumbing needs. We have years of experience performing all kinds of professional plumbing services, including regular plumbing inspections. You can count on Ranck for dependable service that gets the job done right every time!