To Repair or Replace?
When is the best time to replace an aging HVAC system?It’s a question our heating and cooling experts are often asked. At Ranck, we consider the following when recommending replacement over repair.
- The age of your system. Heat pumps last an average of 10 to 12 years, while a furnace offers a lifespan of 15 to 20 years.
- The cost to make repairs. If the cost to maintain your system exceeds 20% of the cost of a new one, a replacement makes financial sense. (depending on age)
- The comfort of your home. Are you satisfied with the temperature inside your home? Is the system heating/cooling consistently?
- Monthly cost? Are you paying more for the unit to operate? How much would you save each month with a more energy efficient system?
- Can you take advantage of the federal tax credit? The current federal HVAC credit is available for high-efficiency systems purchased and installed by the end of 2016.
If you need to service or a new system, contact us to discuss the best system for your home and budget.