Posts Tagged ‘tips for spring’
Spring is officially one month away which excites many homeowners but also means that it’s time to prepare for the warm weather ahead. Maintenance is key when getting ready for spring and summer days. Read our top five tips to help you transition into the spring season with ease.
- Clean Your Gutters – This is a good idea to do at least twice a year. So when the snow is seeing its last days, check your gutters for any signs that your roof may need replacing if you find pieces of asphalt in the gutter bottoms. But also clear them out of any debris so water can flow easily through.
- Lookout For Termites – In the spring, termites swarm to find wood to burrow in. If you see a bunch of winged insects flying around exterior wood this could be a sign of termites and you should call a pest control professional right away to avoid an expensive problem later on.
- Check Sprinklers and Hoses – Make sure none of the heads of hoses are broken or damaged and check to see if water is flowing easily through after a few minutes. If not, there could be a blockage in the system that needs to be unclogged.
- Schedule an Air Conditioning Service – Just because your air conditioner is cooling down the house, it doesn’t mean it’s working efficiently. Hire a licensed professional to service your AC unit before the summer and make sure to change air filters each season.
- Get Your Soil Ready – Spring is the time to prepare your grounds for summer nights with family friends. Clean off any benches, chairs, the deck, and outdoor entertainment equipment to welcome guests over. Also rake beds of leftover winter debris so that your lawn is in tip top shape for warm weather!
With these 5 tips for outdoor spring maintenance, you will be ahead of the game when summer rolls around! Call us today to schedule an appointment for tune-ups or repairs!